Explore the Outdoors
Resting between the Niagara escarpment and the longest freshwater beach in the world, located in Wasga Beach, Collingwood has a unique and varied environment. With forests, rolling hills, and a stretch of beautiful Georgian Bay shoreline, Collingwood is the place to go for outdoor recreation and leisure.
- Collingwood is a winner of the Municipal Water Award of Exceptional Merit
- Collingwood is involved in the Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority Strategic Plan, and is dedicated to ensuring the health & sustainability of the watershed
- Collingwood is part of the Blue Mountain Watershed Trust Foundation, which seeks to ensure that the wetlands and other natural heritage features of the region of interest are protected from inappropriate development
- Collingwood is home to the Environment Network, an international not-for-profit advisory, education and research organization dedicated to sustainable development
- The Environment Network operates as a cooperative, providing people with opportunities for work and a place for people to learn how they can operate their business or home in an ecologically and an economically sustainable manner